Please fill out the form below and we will contact you to answer any questions you may have regarding the purchase of this bike. Alternatively, you may call us direct at 949-254-6551.
Click on a thumbimage to enlarge.
This two wheel driven vehicle was discovered hanging from the ceiling for over forty years as a display in an old motorcycle dealership in the Midwest. It had been taken down and ridden very little over its lifetime. Since it’s acquisition a few years ago, it has had a complete going over as to totally rebuilding the engine and carburetor. New Maxxis Big Horn tires and tubes have been installed as the old tires were very cracked and not safe for riding. It retains the original paint and original factory fuel & oil mix ratio sticker on the rear fender. The Italian made Aquila seat is original equipment and in great condition. The gas tank is very clean inside due to it’s being in a building all that time.
After rebuilding the Chrysler Power Bee 820 two cycle engine. it was thoroughly bench tested with the rebuilt carburetor and tuned prior to its re installation in the frame along with the front and rear miter box drive units and 3 speed hand shift Albion transmission. Still retains the original imprinted TRAILBREAKER drive v-belt.
Historically this vehicle was shown in back page advertisements in numerous issues of Popular Mechanics magazine in the 1960’s.
It was developed as a “Goes Anywhere” vehicle to fulfill the purpose for hunters, fishermen, explorers, etc. It was also used for getting to remote locations such as long stretches of power lines or oil pipelines where a mechanic or technician would go out to inspect or fix problems. The government used these vehicles for recon patrols in Desert Storm. The US Forestry Dept. also used these to travel narrow trails. Mountain rescue teams used these in frigid conditions sometimes bringing them in by helicopter.
This type vehicle has been used around the world from the deserts of Africa to the high Andes mountain ranges in Peru and everything encountered in between. This vehicle will travel over logs, rocks, boulders, on ice & snow, and through mud, sand & silt. Not much will stop it.
Unique Characteristics of This Machine are:
• It will float in water and can be walked or swam with across streams and rivers encountered due to the volume of air trapped within the large hollow aluminum wheels and tires.
• It can climb a 60% grade and negotiate rough terrain due to the simultaneous pushing effect of the rear wheel and the pulling effect of the front wheel.
• It can go long very distances since the hollow wheels can also be filled with fuel increasing it’s range.
• The hollow wheels can also be filled with drinking water for long excursions through remote dry areas.
It is ready for its first tank of gas and be dialed in to take you places you thought you couldn’t get to!
Advertisements for this unique vehicle was in the back pages of every Popular Mechanics magazine and other related publications in the 1960’s. A rare model like this was on PAWN STARS TV SHOW (Pawn Stars: Season 3, Episode 1 “Trail Breaker”) & restored by RICK DALE of AMERICAN RESTORATION TV SHOW.
Videos Featuring the Rokon Trail-Breaker:
• Video showng the Rokon in action when these bikes were new: https://youtu.be/lDWThEcqIoo
• Mutual Of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom series of the late 1960’s/early 1970’s showing more Trail-Breaker footage and commentary about it: https://youtu.be/7m71oXdxcZI
• Rokon Trail-Breaker video for a few laughs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odndoO-HsKs
• History of the Rokon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsAm9XhVO4k
• Behind the Barn Door — Rokon: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=behind+the+barn+rokon&view=detail&mid=B1DCEEAF6306A7B1744FB1DCEEAF6306A7B1744F&FORM=VIRE
No speedometer but obviously ridden very little as inner paint of rear fender shows no scratches or dents from rocks being thrown from rear tire.
Original yellow and would leave as is.
Original and in excellent condition.
Original chrome plating on handlebars, brake lever, twist throttle, kick start lever.
Completely rebuilt engine & carb, front and rear miter boxes and 3-speed manual transmission as stated in description.
Rims: Original Air/Water Tight Hollow Aluminum, in excellent condition
Front Tire: Maxxis Big Horn Radial 26x15x8 with Aggressive Multi Surface Tread Pattern
Rear Tire: Maxxis Big Horn Radial 26x15x8 with Aggressive Multi Surface Tread Pattern
Originally sold without a title by Rokon dealers. Bike is not currently titled but can be registered with DMV for an off-highway sticker to use in state off-road vehicle parks or on land requiring ORV stickers.
Engine # 82007
Frame # 691662
Subscribe to our occasional newsletter and receive updates,
new bike listings & more.
Copyright © 2007-2022 Classic Motorcycle Consignments. All rights Reserved.