Please fill out the form below and we will contact you to answer any questions you may have regarding the purchase of this bike. Alternatively, you may call us direct at 949-254-6551.
Click on a thumbimage to enlarge.
Click the play button to start.
I built this bike at home. My vision was to bring the nostalgia of a late 70’s drag race motor, to the grace of the four speed chassis to the street. I wanted it to be able to survive with some longevity. It weighs in at about 520 pounds on the street. I use a 5” stroke x 3-5/8 bore, 105” Delkron cased shovelhead.
UPDATE: This 1948 Harley Davidson Custom Bobber has a new top end! It runs as good as it ever has! The engine is almost broken in and it is ready for this season’s Show & Go!
I backed it up with a 6 speed over drive Rev Tech transmission. This combination allows for freeways speeds at low RPMs.
This bike is low slung with floorboards, which makes for a relaxed riding position. The drag bars complete a nice compact cockpit. It has a Big Dog speedometer that features that can be used for ¼ drag times when a clear road presents itself. All the bike’s features like the gas valve, starter button, HD style ignition switch, high low beams, retard/advance switch, can all be accessed while riding. The throttle also has a vintage cruise control lever.
The bike corners nicely with a good amount of lean angle without dragging any major components. Floorboards are first contact in aggressive corners. Breaking is powerful and confident in straight line applications. Very manageable in corners.
I’ve spent 21 years with this motor, tuning its combination of components in a separated build, that eventually installed into its current 48-49 wishbone frame. The frame has the flat dimples form the horn mounts. The mounts were removed before I owned it. All the four speed components were selected to complement each other and function as a cohesive assembly. If you are an enthusiast, then this ride has a lot of merit.
16,605 on speedo approximately 250 miles on new bottom end
Black gloss. Gas tank: hummer tank good condition. Oil tank: great condition. Rear fender: fair needs sanding and repaint due to conditions of build. Frame: fair to good. Overall the bike looks great!
- 105” Delkron cases with trapdoor and external drains.
- S/S 8 1/4 flywheels. S/S rods.
- S/S heads, dual plugs, compression releases installed in additional plug holes.
- Roller rockers
- L-6 Lienwebwer strip only cam
- Crane chromoly pushrods
- Jimms Hydro solids lifers
- Jimms tapet blocks
- Harmon threaded push rod covers
- Dyna 2000i programable ignition
- Crane single fire coil.
- 55 DOCE weber side draft carburetor, with additional jets.
● PRIMARY: 3” BDL top Fuel clutch, needs hub, Basket, and plates. Still functions as required. PBI sprockets, 11,000 lb RK non-O-ring chain.
● CONTROLS: OMP, hydraulic clutch / adjustable lever. ART hydraulic trans cover.
Jay brake, front break master cylinder. PM proportional bore 4 piston caliper, (single) but can be set up to run Dual calipers.
11½ disc brakes, front and back.
All break lines and external drains are built at home with EARLS fittings and line.
Rear brake master cylinder HD
Front Rim: cci three spoke polished, slight air leak valve stem I think.
Rear Rim: Harley Davidson Fatboy solid polished
Front Tire: Metzler 90/90 21
Rear Tire: Continental MT-90 16
CA 1948 Harley Davidson
Engine # dkm197682
Frame # ca950649
- Drag bars, NESS mirror, swap meet throttle, HD faring and mount, bates 51/2 “ headlight, shift light, needs a diode to function at half speed for lower rpm (4500) shift light activation.
- HD sidecar triple trees, 6” over SJP 41MM forks.
Subscribe to our occasional newsletter and receive updates,
new bike listings & more.
Copyright © 2007-2022 Classic Motorcycle Consignments. All rights Reserved.